- Beond is committed to respecting your privacy and protecting your personal data ("Beond"). Beond refers to a group of entities, including, but not limited to, Arabesque FZCO (free zone company organized in the Dubai Airport Free Zone Authority (license number: 4507) and having its registered address at 6 East B Block No 339-SD37, Dubai Airport Freezone, Dubai, United Arab Emirates), BEOND-SIMDI Operations Private Limited (registered in the Republic of Maldives).
- Please note that if you have made a flight booking with us but one or more flights are to be provided by other airline(s), such other airline(s) will also separately be considered a “Data Controller” under data protection laws. You can find the privacy policies of the other airlines via their respective own websites.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Collected Personal Data
- When you use our services, you will need to provide us with your personal details or the details of those individual(s) who will be travelling or otherwise using our services.
- We collect the following main categories of personal information:
- Information you provide in order for BEOND to complete and manage your booking or a service you have requested, including payment information, such as debit/credit card details;
- Information collected during your travel with us;
- Information about your travel arrangements;
- Information about the services we have provided to you in the past;
- Information about online registration and other interactions;
- Information about your use of our Website, contact center and other ways of communication;
- Information about your device and your location if you have been browsing the Website, for example your IP address or unique device ID.
Collection of Personal Data depends on your relationship and interaction with us. We collect Personal Data that you voluntarily provide to us directly when you interact with us or contact us. We also may collect your Personal Data, which you provide to third parties who are authorized to share it with us, for example travel agents.
In addition, we also automatically collect certain (limited) Personal Data when you visit, use or navigate our Website. The automatically collected Personal Data does not reveal your specific identity, but may include device and usage information, such as IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, country, location and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our services, including the Website and for our internal analytical purposes. In addition, some information is also automatically collected through cookies and similar technologies.
- Please note that if you disclose Personal Data on behalf of a third person (including, a child), it is your responsibility to ensure that you have a legal right to disclose such Personal Data and that the individual whose Personal Data is disclosed has authorized and consented to such a disclosure to us. We proceed on the basis that you have obtained this authorization and consent and we accept no responsibility in case such a disclosure was not authorized and/or permitted.
- We do not knowingly solicit data directly from children under 18 years of age. By contacting us, using our services and the Website you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guarding of such a minor and consent to such minor’s use of our services, communication with us or use of the Website.
PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
- Your Personal Data is only processed when we believe it is necessary and we have a legal reason to do so under applicable laws. The collected Personal Data is used by us in the following principal ways (but not limited to them):
- to fulfill our agreement with you and deliver our services you have requested;
- to manage the boarding process and to facilitate flight connections at the airport;
- to send status updates and service communications to you;
- to keep track of you in advance of your flight and at the airport;
- to provide services tailored to your requirements and to treat you in a more personal way;
- to register you with our web site and administer our web site services where you have registered to receive these;
- to answer any queries which you may send to us by e-mail;
- to improve our websites, products and services;
- for management and administrative purposes;
- for crime prevention and detection; and
- for direct marketing purposes.
- We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- If processing of your Personal Data is subject to any other laws, then the basis of processing your data may be different to that set out above and may in those circumstances be based on your consent in all cases.If you are located in UK or EU the below section is applicable to you:
- The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and UK GDPR require us to explain the valid legal basis we rely on in order to process the Personal Data. Please be informed that we may rely on the following legal basis to process Personal Data:
- Legitimate Interest. We may process your Personal Data when we believe it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests and those interests do not outweigh your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms;
- Legal Obligations. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations, such as to cooperate with a regulatory agency, exercise or defend our legal right, etc.;
- Vital Interests. We may process your Personal Data where we believe it is necessary to protect your vital interests or the vital interest of a third party, such as situations involving threats to your safety or safety of others.
KEEPING AND SHARING PERSONAL DATA
- We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, unauthorized access to, misuse or alteration of your Personal Data. In order to achieve that, we have put in place physical, technical and administrative measures to safeguard your Personal Data against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, damage, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, as well as all other forms of unlawful processing or further processing. In order to protect the security of your information, where necessary, we use encryption technology when collecting or transferring Personal Data.
- Although we use reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to our Website via internet or similar connection.
- We not do sell or trade any Personal Data to third parties for a business or commercial purposes. However, we may need to share your personal information in some situations, including, but not limited to the following:
- Service Providers and processors. We may disclose your Personal Data to our service providers pursuant to a written contract between us and each such service provider. Your Personal Data will only be shared to the extent required for the performance of such services.
- Business Transfers. We may also share or transfer your information in connection with or during negations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company;
- Legal requirements. We may share or disclose your Personal Data as permitted or required by law. For example, to those governmental or law enforcement bodies who have authority to obtain it or in order to comply with a court order. We may also transfer your Personal Data to governmental authorities in your country of departure and/or transit and/or destination in order to comply with the laws of those respective countries;
- Transfer of contract. We may transfer your Personal Data We to anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you;
- Please note that we only send you marketing materials and/or allow third parties to send you marketing information where we have your consent to do so. If you no longer want to receive our marketing material or newsletters, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email containing our newsletter. In addition, you can raise an unsubscribe request through the Contact Form. When raising a request to unsubscribe by e-mail, call or post, it may take up to 30 working days to process your request and to update our systems to remove your email address from our mailing list.
- You have a right not to provide certain Personal Data which we request and/or not to consent to its processing and disclosure to third parties. We will honor this right, however in this case we may not be in a position to provide you all or some of the requested products and services and/or you may not be able to access certain options on our Website.
- We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protections laws. We are relying on your consent to process your Personal Data, which may be express and/or implied depending on the applicable law. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the Contact Form ensuring you mark the request for Data Protection Officer. However, please note that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before such a withdrawal nor, when applicable law allows, will it affect the processing of your Personal Data conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You also have a right to ask for the deletion of your Personal Data. If you ask us to delete your Personal Data, we will respect your request and delete your personal information, subject to certain exceptions provided by law, such as (but not limited to) our compliance requirements resulting from a legal obligation or any processing that may be required to protect against illegal activities.
- In addition to the above you have the following rights related to your Personal Data (but not limited to the below):
- to object to the processing of your Personal Data;
- to request correction of your Personal Data if it is incorrect or no longer relevant or to ask to restrict the processing of the Personal Data.
- You may have other privacy rights depending upon your country of residence. To exercise your rights, including those specifically named above, you can contact us using the Contact Form, ensuring you mark the request for Data Protection Officer. Responses to request to exercise your rights will be provided within one month (which may be extended to three months in case of a complicated request) and generally there is no fee for making these requests. We will ask for some information to identify you and verify your identity, which information will only be used to process your request.
- We will handle all requests in accordance with applicable law. However, depending on the right you wish to exercise, and the nature of the Personal Data involved, there may be legal reasons why we cannot grant your request, which will be identified to you in our communication in response to your request.If you are located in the EU the below section is applicable to you:
- Under EU GDPR Data Protection Regulation, you may request a copy of any personal data about you held by Beond. There is no fee for this request. The request must be in writing and must contain the following:
- Your name and postal address;
- Details of your request;
- Any details which may help us locate the information which is the subject of your request, for example:
- Booking reference or flight numbers and dates.
- membership number.
- Telephone recording details (identifier number, the number you call from, the number and option you dialed, the date and time of your call(s)).
- You must also provide:
Please send your request to the Data Protection Officer at the following address: security at flybeond.com.
- A photocopy of your passport or driving license, so that we can verify your identity.
- Your signature and the date of the request.
- If you are applying on behalf of another person then signed authority from the individual is required.
HOW TO CONTACT US
- Arabesque FZCO, BEOND-SIMDI Operations Private Limited
- Concord Tower, 10th Floor, Al Sufouh – Dubai, UAE
- Attention: Data Protection Officer
- If you have any concerns about our use of your Personal Data, you can also contact our Data Protection Officer via our Contact Form.
- You can also complain to the competent supervisory authority if you are unhappy with how we have used your Personal Data.